Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Are there any viruses or bacteria both humans and pets can catch?

OK, so I'm just getting over a bout with strep throat and I've noticed that at times the past several days my cat's meow has sounded a bit muted. Can cats and dogs and other pets catch any viruses or bacteria that make humans sick, or has my cat just been mocking me?|||I dont think you gave your cat strep throat.


Rabies, toxoplasmosis, brucellosis, salmonellosis, Yersinia, shigellosis, anthrax, and tuberculosis are all diseases that can be passed from human to animal.


For a complete list and symptoms check out this web site


http://research.ucsb.edu/connect/pro/dis鈥?/a>|||The first poster was correct. The bacteria responsible for strep throat is strictly a human pathogen. Just google "Zoonosis" for a large list of other organisms, including parasites that can be transmitted between humans and animals.|||I am not sure about cats but I do know that ferrets can get the flu so who knows maybe your poor cat did have a bad throat just like you .

No comments:

Post a Comment