Tuesday, November 15, 2011

How does leather furniture hold up to pets?

We have a dog that jumps up and sits of our furniture. We are considering a leather sofa..does it hold up to pets?|||Not too great. Their nails can cut the leather or scratch it at the very least. The leather couches that have that rustic worn look and are the softer leather tend to do better becuase it already looks worn but it still can rip. You can teach your dog that the couches are off limits. I have 3 and I let them get on the bed when I am reading before bed but they are not allowed on the couch and they know it.|||I have 4 dogs- a boxer, a collie mix, and 2 jack russell terriers.





we have two leather sofas. the collie mix (60 lbs) sits on the back of the couch (like a CAT) and the other dogs lay on them all the time. we do have a throw blanket down on the love seat.





but we also keep their toenails trimmed (not because of the couch though, they just are always short from running on concrete outside our house)





**i dont know why everyone else is saying no... do you have one? maybe you have a cheap one!**





the couch is nice, if anything i would suggest a leather couch, because if your dogs happen to be dirty on the couch all you have to do is wipe! nice and easy. their nails do not scratch it. but, they also do not play and wrestle on the furniture either (im not sure what type of dog(s) you have or if they play on furniture)|||I have friends with pets and leather furniture who have had no problems. It depends on the size and personality of the dogs and how well their nails are kept. I've heard of more problems with dogs chewing on the furniture rather than nail damage though.|||Depends on the size of your dog. The bigger they are, the harder they are on everything.





I have leather seats in my car. I also have 2 Pomeranians. I have had my dogs for 5 years and the car for 3. They go everywhere with me and they have free reign in my vehicle and all of my leather is still like brand new.|||i have black leather sofas and my dogs do get up on them some times their nails do leave marks on them but nothing to bad . and i have had the same dogs and couches for 3-4 years now..... it just depends on your pet . and the buoyancy of the sofa|||I would not advise it. Dog claws leave marks on leather.|||I have three dogs and all leather furniture. I have never had a problem. My husband was a little skittish at first, but he doesn't mind now either. I figured that skin was on a cow, and that cow wasn't all that delicate, why would the sofa be?|||my JRT and my lether furniture go just fine together|||If you dont mind it being chewed or having puncher holes from their toe nails. Then just fine!





Leather furniture and odgs dont mix well at all.


Try microfiber. It is great with dogs and cleans wonderfully!|||A rawhide chew toy comes to mind.|||We a leather couch and loveseat. We have a small dog and a big dog and cats. We have not had any problems with our. Its been great not tears or anything. The best part about it is if the dogs come in dirty or muddy it just wipes right off.|||not that well. if you have de-clawed your pets, it might stand a chance. but leather is very nimble to sharp objects.|||Depends on the Leather type. Before you buy your leather furniture be sure to ask the sales represenitive about the quality and endurence it has, when it comes to pets. Most tough leather can wear just fine under pets, yet some can get punctured fast by nails and teeth. So stay away from soft like leather, its too soft to handle pets.


Have fun hunting for furniture, hope you find what your looking for :)|||I think leather is great with dogs. Easy to wipe off barf or fur. We just didn't let our dog play on the couch...that's when scratch marks happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment