Saturday, November 19, 2011

What veterinary is the best and safest for pets-Banfield or a local vet?

i have used banfield before and i always thought everything was ok. i want my pets well taken care of and safe. is banfield trustworthy/a good vet or am i better off with a regular local vet?|||I work at a local vet clinic, and many people come to us because Banfield often gives vaccines that are known to cause reactions. Also, it is like pulling teeth trying to get vaccine certificates from them. I feel our vet pays close attention to detail because if anything goes wrong, there's no corporation to bail him out. Banfield admittedly tries to keep the patient/doctor meetinsg down to 6 minutes or less.|||ANY vaccine can cause a reaction. Banfield uses the same brands that ALOT of "Local Vets" use. Your vet should pay attention to detail bc their med. license is on the line, it's the same for Banfield. Being the largest practice in the nation, its bound to have incompitent vets same w/ local.

Report Abuse


|||If you like your vet at Banfield, that's fine. Every branch in the chain is going to be different because each has different vets. The big problem with chains for me is you often never get the same vet every time and can't build a relationship with them. I use a small local practice, my vet knows me and my pets by name and he knows all their individual quirks. You usually can't get that at a chain. That said, there are bad small vets too, so the best thing to do is ask friends who they take their pets to, and whether they are happy. I love my vet.|||I use Banfield for my two dogs and I'm currently happy with their services. We like to travel with our dogs so its more convenient for us to find a petsmart in a different state then just one local vet, but it all depends on your situation.|||banfield isn't very good. My grandma/my cat was taken there and the vets were not very good. Go to a local vet. I think the local vets might be cheaper and more trustworthy. They know what they are talking about-been in the business longer.|||LOCAL VET|||Local Vet....I don't personally care for "chain store" Vets.

No comments:

Post a Comment