Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Would you/Do you feed your pets a vegetarian diet?

I'm just curious to what your opinions are on this.


It's just been one of those things I've wondered what people thought of/did at times.





I don't currently have any pets, just randomly asking.





Would you or do you have your pets follow a vegetarian diet?


Why or why not?|||This is a question a lot of vegetarians and vegans ask. It really depends on you. If you want to feed your pet the diet it was intended to eat, then feed it an omnivorous diet. If you want to feed your pet a vegetarian or vegan diet, then that is okay too as long as you make sure your pet is getting all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients it need. And be sure to consult your vet before you feed your pet a vegetarian or vegan diet. I'm getting a dog soon and I'm still deciding if I should feed him/her an omnivorous diet or a vegan diet.|||I have no pets, and this subject disturbs me because of the hypocrisy involved. I am a vegan, and I see so many vegans and vegetarians friends feeding their pets animal meats or meat products. They also take their pets to veterinarians and have them treated with medicines which were tested on tortured animals in labs. Many of them look down on for eating meat or wearing fur or leather. I know they want everyone to go vegan, but what do they think people will feed their dogs when everyone goes vegan?





Since I don't have any pets, it's not an issue in my own personal life. This is a good question though. People really need to look at all sides of an issue.|||Being a vegetarian is my personal choice, I don't force it on my pet. If you have a problem feeding your cat or dog meat get a rabbit or hamster for a pet.|||I have birds, and they are vegetarian :) Even in nature|||My dog eat a very low amount of meat in her diet. I was actually told by a veterinarian that this would be better for her skin (she has a skin disorder). However, when she does eat meat in her dry food - we ALWAYS buy organic or all natural food. If you look into the ingredients of dog food, it is completely disgusting. There is by-products, meat and bone meal, by product meat ingredients which is rumored to include euthanized animals (dogs and cats), so we always look into the ingredients before buying our dogs food. If you go onto wikipedia and look at the ingredients it will really make you think twice about feeding your animal meat products.|||No, I'm not going to force my lifestyle on my pet. Besides there is a difference between a human and their diet and a pet and their diet. Dogs and ESPECIALLY cats should have meat in their diet for their health. I wish it wasn't so, but thats the way it is.|||i wouldn't.....i don't want to impose my beliefs on anyone or anything. my husband is a meat eater and so are my dogs.|||Our cats are carnivores and eat cat food with either chicken or fish. I don't feed meat to our dog however, our vet approved of it and she is fine and healthy.|||no, meat is a necessity and that just sucks. I feed them dog food and once in a while those really tasty dog foods

No comments:

Post a Comment