Saturday, November 19, 2011

I would like to know what percentage of people are for and against having indoor pets?

I have an indoor very small dog (2 1/2 lb). My husband and I argue about it a lot. His latest thing he has started saying is that 95% of people feel as he does, that animals do not belong in the house. I would like to know the percentage, for and against indoor pets.|||I have 3 dogs and 5 cats along with several small reptiles and invertebrates all in the house.


I keep mine in the house to protect them from danger they won't instinctively avoid, like cars. There's a couple dead cats on our street at least every month.


Even if they would avoid cars, I still would keep them inside to protect native wildlife and to keep them from being a nuisance to others. Keeping them inside also significantly cuts the risk for contagious disease..


A 2 1/2 lb dog is not natural. That's something human beings created, thus not something that belongs outside. Dogs are not even native to this continent, so even if dogs did belong outside, they don't belong outside in the US anyways..


My husband also thought cats belonged outside, till our escape artist cat got out and was killed less then an hour or two after getting out. He always pointed out that they kept cats outside growing up- however, none of their cats made it to older then 5. Then he always pointed out that his friend keeps his cats outside and he's a vet tech. Well, his friends cats have all been killed by cars this year..


He's pretty much run out of arguments now.


My parents used to keep all of our pets outside, but, none of our cats made it past the age of two and our dogs got poisoned in our own yard. They now keep their dog and cat inside too.. The only family member I have with outdoor pets is one of my sisters, and she's gone through 5 cats and 2 dogs in the last year thanks to predators getting the cats and people shooting the dogs..|||In almost every instance I am completely for dogs being inside dogs, especially small dogs. I have four dogs and they all live inside (I have two small dogs, one medium and one large sized dog) and I can't image it any other way.





I guess if a person lives on a farm or someplace where the owners are outside much of the time, then I guess that is O.K. But even then in very cold, very hot or wet weather all dogs should be allowed inside. Dogs are very social animals and they like being with there owners as much as possible.|||I feel confident in saying that MOST Pet owners consider their pets to be additional members of the family. I grew up with all the animals living in the house. I currently have 2 big dogs, 4 cats, and a foster family of 9 (Mama %26amp; Kitties) that are all indoor. I would say in my group of 20 good friends, only 1 person would say they belong outdoors The trick I have found with spouses who have that opinion (mine does) is I just need to clean up after them really well. Not that we all don't, but the dog toys spread accross the floor drives my S O completely CRAZY! Good Luck!|||My two large golden retrievers and my cat are in the house most of the time. My family members and friends have their animals inside most of the time too. Tell your husband needs to back up his statistics - he won't be able to :-/





A 2-1/2 lb dog (chihuahua I assume) is absolutely an indoor pet - they cannot tolerate extremes of heat and cold at all.|||A small dog will get eaten if kept outside. I had an uncle who thought animals should not be indoors.





On one visit, my cat jumped on the table to say hi, and he punched it across the room. He said something about animals not having souls.





I kicked him out and he hasn't been back.





Animals deserve comfort and safety!|||You should not keep an animal captive by making it stay indoors. Thats wrong. They should have free access to inside and outside, even if you have to install a runner outside to let them run freely, but at the same time be safe. And for all you people who have indoor animals. I bet your house smells absolutely disgusting. Thats nasty. Animals harbor many germs.|||I feel that all dogs no matter what are family companions and should sleep inside with the family and live in the house. Then all dogs (from 2.5 lbs-250 lbs.) should get exercise outside and be able to go outside. It's not like once they get home they never get to go outside ever again except when going to the vet and etc.|||I see no problem with having inside or outside pets. We have a dachshund that is inside, mainly when we are home, and outside when we are not home. We also have a german shorthaired pointer who is mostly an outdoor dog. My dad, on the other hand, is strictly outside dogs.|||I have indoor dogs and rabbits. My parents have indoor dogs, all our dogs growing up had free access to the house and slept indoors. Among my co-workers with dogs, 1 with an outside dog, 6 with indoor dogs, 2 with indoor cats, none with outdoor cats.|||I think they should be inside for most of the time if you can have them inside. My dog likes to chase my cats and so I leave him out side when I am not home and let him in to sleep in my room.|||all my pets are inside pets. i believe they are part of the family and deserve to be treated that way. you wouldnt force your children to stay outside so why your pets?|||I have an indoor cat. If outside, she could run away or get hit by a car! House pets should be kept inside. Its just not safe, because they aren't wild animals anymore.|||Indoors is best for a pet. Do you know how many dangers are outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment